A raid is another Café zombies can go for activities. To leave the café where zombie Characters and their companion Pets normally are, the player clicks the Map icon on the side of the Zombie Cafe game screen.
Raiding Explained Edit
Going on a raid always offers some potential benefits.
These are sorts of things that can be won in a raid to give the player an incentive to raid.
|Food||Boss||100%||Fastest way to learn new recipes, if you do not have Toxin coming out your ears—and you will not.|
|$||Boss||100%||Amount is random. Generally, in the $100 to high hundreds range at mid-level.|
|Toxin||Boss||extremely rare||This almost never happens.|
|$20||Customer||(null)||If you kill a customer you can receive $|
Raiding also gives you an opportunity to use your Health Stone to restore +100 Energy to each character (zombie and pet) you have in the raid, presuming it's not dead at the moment, of course. The healing takes place over the course of several seconds. Healing can take place during the course of battle. Healing does not interrupt fighting. Fighting does not interrupt healing.
Raiding Activity Edit
|Fight customer||Kill customer||$20||Staff will all be trying to kill you. Staff swarms at the first sign of violence.||Typically not worth it.
Instead, wait a minute or two for customers to leave enemy café.
|Fight staff||Kill staff||+2 XP for any companion pet participating in killing of a zombie||Staff swarms at the first sign of violence. But you need to kill them before engaging the boss, if at all possible.||If at all possible, kill all of the staff before engaging the boss.|
|Fight boss||Kill boss||The boss(es) in a cafe have a lot of energy and take a lot of beating on in order to kill.||You need to do this in order to get the food and other rewards. This is the main way to learn new Raid recipes.|
There are some risks. Nothing permanent, but Characters—both zombie and pet ones—can be injured or even killed in a raid. They resurrect in 8 hours, and gradually heal over a period of a handful of hours, after the raid is over and they are back in the café place.
Two ways to engage character(s) in the fight. Note, this applies to humanoids (zombies) and pets.
- Click the button to send all zombies in at once. This is fast. But results can be chaotic & disappointing. Usually, best to send in some zombies individually first, targeting ones that are near the door and away from the boss. At some point, you may want to send all the remaining characters in.
- Select a zombie. Then, select a member of the staff. The zombie that was selected will instantly get it into its head that that it should attack that staff member. Repeat this process a few times, sending more zombies into the fray.
Grand Strategy Edit
- Let customers finish eating and leave.
- Kill off the staff without aggroing the boss.
- Kill the boss. Game will announce your rewards.
Food Winnings Edit
Food recipes should be learned by clicking the Unlock button underneath it, if there is one. If there is not such a button there, you already know that recipe. When you get free serving counter space, you can click the Serve button, and the food will be laid out.